Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I want to do that

So after following a few readers during the Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon I want to participate next time around.  I believe the next one will be in April and I can't wait! I love reading for hours on end, and think I might just be able to pull of at least 18 to 20 hours.  The hardest part will be getting up at the start time!

So that is my first I want to do that of the day. 

The second is the Boston Book Festival! I have been looking at the site for a couple of weeks now after discovering it.  I knew I could never convince my husband to go; however, we do a NFL pool picks every week and instead of cash going into the pot, the winner gets to pick something he or she wants the other to do.  So guess who won this week . . . that's right ME!! So I get to go to the festival! I am so so excited that I will be able to join other book lovers and authors to celebrate our love of books. 

On top of just going to the festival, I already have made plans to attend a talk that includes one of my favorite young adult fantasy authors Kristin Cashore! I am going to re-read both her books, Graceling & Fire this week and hopefully I will get to the chance to have her sign one or both of them!

It has been a very exciting weekend, so much so that I forgot to start putting together my list of top ten YA books.  I am sure this is going to be a very difficult list to put together!

No comments:

Post a Comment